Friday, October 10, 2003

John Titor

For the uninitiated let me go into John a little.

John claimed to be a time traveler from the year 2036. He was supported by a government organization, essentially the army. I read a good bit of his site and I found it very interesting.

I think you have a few options when you are looking at this guy.

One: It is a hoax.
Two: He is crazy
Three: It is true.

When I initially came across this I wanted to debunk it very badly, but so far I have only found data that supports John's statements.

Here are two links about the problem with Unix that John referred to several times.

http://howstuffworks.lycoszone.com/question75.htm

http://www.deepsky.com/~merovech/2038.html

Which these links in themselves mean nothing, any one with a little computer background could have found these sites and used the information to further their hoax. They just go to show, that if it is a hoax, they at least took time to forge a good one.

Here is additional information along the same line, that I understand to be correct.


A PONDERING HAWKING = MICROSINGULARITY

Steven Hawking proposed the existence of microsingularities that were created in the big bang. They were probably about the size of a proton and disappeared over the years due to an effect of radiation evaporation. (Yes, black holes do emit energy.)

Hawking actually proved black holes on paper (using math), before we ever observed the existence of any. Which Hawking also stated that a black hole could disappear eventually if it turned the mass it was consuming into energy and radiated it. Which if I remember correctly had something to do with the event horizon of the black hole and particle interacting with it.


Does China have a manned space program between 2001 and 2036?

I believe they are pretty close to putting a man in orbit. It shouldn't surprise you if they do that soon.


Recent news items support this.


additional links
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0523/p25s02-stss.html

Which I don't think, saying a major piece discovery is going to come out of CERN, is very surprising. But it is interesting that there are articles which have appeared on the net after John posted. But also these projects were in the works as John was posting also.


I have two theories one that he was crazy, which I think is most likely (some of his post seemed as if the had just woken up in a new world, which being crazy, high , or time travel could have that effect)

The other is that it is real and his government knew that he would come back and post on the web. And they let him do it anyways because they wanted the outcome he affected.....

sand thinks that me might be kin to john

cube

No comments: