Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Try it and you will not be disappointed

I got a blender for my birthday this year. I have gone though several smoothie recipes tweaking and trying new things with them. This is the best one I have found. The base was from a smoothie recipe book, I just modified it to make it easier and better.

1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of ice
1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
Some spoonfuls of orange juice frozen concentrate (to taste, you will have to experiment with this one)
1 frozen bananas
1 raw egg

The original recipe called was for double the serving. It also called for plain yogurt and just regular orange juice. It also did not have ice in it, the ice adds volume with out adding bulk. The smoothie is ok if the bananas are NOT frozen, but it really shines when the bananas are frozen. The texture is perfect.

I make the meal, then put it in the freezer while I clean up and take a shower. I normally drink it on my drive to work, and it stays frozen the 15 min drive there.

NOTE: I started this recipe well after I had the explosive diarrhea, so I did not catch the disease from raw eggs.

cube

No comments: