Thursday, December 02, 2004

Procuring a handgun procurement study

Well, i tried the friend in accademia route, and got nothing. I sent out one FOIA request, and got a response back that directed me to the office below. I had a hard time finding this address, so i am going to publish this on the internet. I hope the government does not mind.



Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Gloria Marshall
Office of Investigations
425 I Street, NW – Rm 4038
Washington, DC 20536

Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear Ms. Marshall:

I am requesting the handgun procurement study, which the “U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)” released a Request for Proposals in February 2004 and which “the ICE National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit” led. This study was conducted under the supervision of “the ICE National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit” and lasted a total of four months.

This study was mentioned in a department of homeland security press release here:
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=3949

Included in this request, are all documents containing the test protocols, all documents containing the 50 characteristics used to arrive at a technical rating, all documents containing the final technical ratings and evaluations, all documents containing the final technical results and evaluations, all documents containing the results and evaluations of the battery “of environmental, reliability, durability, and other tests”, all documents containing laboratory analysis and armory inspections results and evaluations, and all documents containing past performance information used “to select the winning contractors.”

Documents excluded from this request are pricing information and final contract information.

In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should know I am not seeking this information for commercial use, but for personal use.

I am willing to pay fees for this request up to a maximum of $50.00. If you estimate that the fees will exceed this limit, please inform me first. Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Enclosed is the response I received from my local Immigration Service when I placed my request for the same documents with them.

Sincerely,

Cubicle

No comments: