Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Major Changes

Recently there have been some major changes in my life. I am not going though the "change" or having the "change"done, nor am I coming out of the closet.

EverQuest II (EQII) went live yesterday. I was one of the ones to get it a little earlier than the rest of America. This is a online computer game, where you pay a monthly fee. I played the first EQ a good bit, and was interested in this version.

At the base, EQII is much like the fist one, but visually it is much different. The first everquest relied on text much of the time, this one uses voiceovers for the non-player characters (NPCs). The current version of EQII does not have voice over IP. That is understandable, considering the problems with voice over IP in the game. Though Microsoft has seemed to solved similar problems with X-box live, SOE (Sony Online entertainment) has not implemented it in EQII yet.

One of the biggest problems with the first EQ was the economy. It suffered from rampant inflation. EQII has many ways in which the SOE team has tried to pull money out of the economy, to decrease the inflation or at least control it.

Because of the popularity of EQ, many entrepreneurs built websites catering to EQ information (Spell lists, item lists, NPC lists ). SOE has taken many of the best features of those websites, and combined them with player ranks. They have not created just a game, they have created an experience.

My character's name is Titor, here is my personal webpage.

So basically, I will be blogging less.

cube

No comments: