Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Mother's day

(Note: This is posted a bit late, but better later than never is my view)

This year for mothers day I decided to go home and surprise my mom. It had been Christmas since I had seen my parents and even then, it was a short visit. Just long enough to tow my car and exchange Christmas gifts.

In addition to seeing me, my mom got a present I saw online. I got lucky for this mothers day. I happened to see an MSN list of things to get mother for that special day and it had the perfect gift: an indoor plant kit. It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be, but it was a great gift and I knew I could get in and out of the store, which was in the mall, in about 20 mins (parking, walking, buying, and walking back). Mom was surprised and I made it there safety.

I also took each of my parents for a ride in my new truck, which they have not seen. My dad owned a 1994 S-10 for quite awhile (actually for 10 or 11 years) and he liked mine. Mine was a little nicer and had a few features that my dad's did not have, but overall it was not a improvement huge over his.

Each of my parents also received a tour of my gun. They learned the basic mechanics of autoloading pistols, breakdown procedures, how to load a magazine, and safety features of my gun. Also each parent got to shoot Charon. My dad had been in the army, he got drafted during Vietnam, and my mom had been around guns most of her life. My mom was a better shot than my day by quite a large margin, though neither hit the makeshift target we had set up.

Also my mom brought out the old revolver I remember her having. It had some rust in spots and the firing pin (I am assuming it was the firing pin, it was the pin looking thing stuck to the hammer) was a little loose.

Overall it was a good weekend and I enjoyed myself.

cube

No comments: