Saturday, June 18, 2005

Do I smell like dog.

During the month of July, I will be securing the premises that dogs live in for at least two weeks out of the month.

The first security session will be with the original pair of dogs that I am familiar with. The thing I am not looking forward to the most with that pair is the getting woken up early in the morning. The thing I am looking forward to most is hosing them down with water then taking the for a run until the are real tired and do not wake me up in the morning.

The second security session will be with one of these guys: English Bulldogs.

"also poor eyesight, very susceptible to heat stroke in warm weather or hot rooms and cars."

Wow, I am glad that I read this. I would not leave a dog in a car, but I might have taken him for a longer walk than he was used in the July heat. Though it sounds like he is my type of dog.

"Its digestive system is very active and may be offensive to people with sensitive noses."

I take that back.

Living Conditions The English Bulldog is good for apartment life. They are very inactive indoors and will do okay without a yard. This breed is an indoor dog. Bulldogs do best in temperate climates as the breed can chill easily in cold weather and have trouble cooling off in very hot weather.

How can this dog be good for small places, if it farts more than I do.

Exercise
some adult Bulldogs would just as soon not take any exercise, while others are full of energy. In any case all Bulldogs will stay fitter if given some regular. Fit English Bulldogs are capable of moving very quickly for short periods of time.

Though I am starting to like this breed

While doing research on dogs I found several "relationship" issues with the last dogs that I provided security for. The dogs do not respect me as an "Alpha Dog". Though I am not quite sure those two dogs realize that they are dogs, and not just hairy humans.

For a laugh check out this breed: French Bulldogs.

cube

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The english bulldog is a freak of nature. We should just let the poor animals die out. They suffocate on their own jowls, cannot give live birth without being sedated and C-sectioned, prone to too many health problems to list, and only live about 8 years.

Poor things

-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

Then we should get rid of the Great Dane, too - they only live 6-8 years. And Boston Terriers and Frenchies, too - they have respiratory problems. Oh, let's just get rid of all short-nosed breeds. In fact, let's get rid of everyting that has inherant health issues, including humans. You clearly have something personal against the breed. A responsible breeder can address nearly all of the health defects associated with the Bulldog - we know literally dozens of bulldogs, most of them Champions, who haven't had as much as a skin allergy let alone hip problems, respiratory ailments, etc. Regarding C-sections, technically, an English Bulldog can be delivered by natural birth if the line is bred for smaller heads. So it's not like it's impossible.

Man of Issachar said...

yea but can your dogs do this.

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2005/07/29/pit_vs_porcupine/

or do you dogs live as long as this.

http://www.asdca.org/