Thursday, September 01, 2005

Why I carry a gun

Source: "He [a godforsaken pimp who sent his boyz to beat up a woman after gettin dissed] got mad. That's about when the videotape begins, with an unidentified narrator saying the young woman in the car had "ratted out" local gang members [not true]. A mob begins jumping on top of the car and beating at the windows. Within minutes, the young woman is assaulted by several people as she sits in the car trying to defend herself. Her attackers rip at her hair and punch her face and body. Some of her clothes are torn off.

She is then pulled from the car and beaten on the ground by at least 12 people. The video ends with the narrator saying the woman was "fighting for her life." [The woman lived and came forward after seeing the tape on the news, but the assialants have not been caught] "

Last Entry

cube

7 comments:

Yishai said...

Cube,
What resources are out there to discuss the best shotgun to buy for defense? I am a newbie to shotguns and I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Man of Issachar said...

unfortuneatly, all I own is a handgun so I have read very little about shotguns in general.

What i do know, they are excellent on sail boats because most countires allow shotguns, where as they do not allow other weapons. (little help i know, but intresting none the less)

The Remington 870 is one of the better (or is it most used) shotguns for defense from what i have read (which is very little mind you)

http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/rem870.htm

So i looks like you are on your own. Please post good solid information on you site.

Yishai said...

Thanks for the lead. I'll let you know what I find out. I will probably talk to people...

Yishai said...

oh, and what pistol do you carry? When I can (not at work or not at school) I carry the S&W 38 special. What I am in love with and hope to obtain soon is the Sig 229. It shoots like a dream and fits my hand like we were made for each other. Price - around 900 bones.

Man of Issachar said...

springfield XD .40 caliber 4 inch model.

I shot a a sig that I was looking at and did not really like it, i forget the model. I was a little bit more accurate with the xd than i was with the glock. And it was a bit cheaper.

Have you considered going used? It is a good option if you need to save the cash.

Yishai said...

Yeah, I looked at used. The prices weren't that much greater - like 700 instead of 900. Yeah, sure the extra $200 hurts, but I can't afford 700 the same way I can't afford 900. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I really like the .40 caliber, though. It's the perfect not too big, not too small.

Where do you carry it on you? Side paddle? I cary my little revolver on my anke when dressed up and inside-the-belt holster when I am in shorts.

And I found a great shotgun info site... I have yet to read through all the info, but it is just what I was looking for: http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/gunpages/mossberg.htm

Cheers,
Yishai

Man of Issachar said...

I have a cheap IWB holster that I use. I normally anywhere from 4 - 5:30 on my hip.

I know that If i am in a hurry I just put it down my pants gangster style. It conceals extremly well there, I was in jeans and a fairly tight tee shirt and did not have any problems.

I think I am going to upgrade my holster as money becomes available