Thursday, September 15, 2005

WTF?

So I learn that Google has a blog searcher thingy. (Via riding sun)

So as any good blogger I put the URL of my blog in. Second hit is this.

"Have read my first academic article about blogs! And it was interesting the entire time. This is such a great topic. It's called "Political Blogs and the Bloggers Who Blog Them: Is the Political Blogosphere an Echo Chamber?" The author, Kevin Wallsten, studies a random-ish sample (random-ish because there is no master list of blogs, and no official definition of a "political" blog) of the relatively unpopular blogs written by ordinary citizens for a small audience. He compares their posts with media stories during 2004 to see whether these bloggers are acting as an "echo chamber," just focusing on the stories that the media promotes as important." Here is the important part.

"One of the fun things about this study is that you can actually visit the blogs he studied, most of which are still in operation, such as AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek, Sandcastles and Cubicles, Vulgar Boatman, and George in Denver."

I was part of an academic study. Shouldn't I get compensated for my work as a part of a double blind study.

cube

No comments: