Thursday, September 29, 2005

Delay...

I hope the fillet Delay (here is a link on how to say that word if you your are a moron) .

As much as I like some of the things the republican party does, they are still politicians. As a rule, politicians are not a group I admire for their outstanding morals. Ohh sure their are some good ones, just like some people are innocent on death row.

The GOP should exorcise Delay for several reasons. I will concentrate on the one they might relate to (as morals and ethics don't translate when you are talking to politicians). It is bad for the party even if he wins.

Also, memo to Delay, saying your are innocent does not convince anybody of that fact. Remember OJ and Micheal both do that.

cube

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said

Dave Justus said...

Lets imagine though that this is a politically motivated attack, as many Republicans are claiming and that it does not have any basis.

Should the Republicans still get rid of DeLay? Would it be good to allow such a thing to become precident? Do we want a prosecutor to be able to have that much power over our elected Representatives where an accussation is enough that they are removed without any proof?

Some people who are acussed are innocent, as much as some people who are exonerated did it.

Man of Issachar said...

"Should the Republicans still get rid of DeLay?"

I would, then I would go on a hunt for the other side dark side.

I personally think he is guilty (mainly because he is a politican and I hope he found guilty) I also hope that his crime is general enough that it causes a tit for tat and further shows the depravity of most politicans.

"Would it be good to allow such a thing to become precident? "

By such a thing, i assume you mean unjustifed attacks, then i would say no.

The problem is that Delay charges actually went though a grand jury and is being sent to trial. I doubt the attacks are unjustified.

But I am all for pitting each side against the other, makes for great entertainment.

"Do we want a prosecutor to be able to have that much power over our elected"

I am sure that the the other side could hire lawyers and sue for defamnation of character or somthing. Also do forget, if it starts happening a lot both parties will come together to change the law.