Thursday, October 21, 2004

Banned Games

I posted an article about the dangers, potential misuses, and social reaction of video games. I concluded with this, "I suspect in the next 20 years that society will have to decide if these are just fun and games or something more dangerous."

It looks like my estimate was very much off the mark. My fear that some of the bloodiest, most realistic, and most challenging games will be banned is a reality in some parts of the world, "...Greece for prohibiting the installation and operation of electronic, electromechanical and electronic games in all public and private places...", and could become a reality in other parts, "On Oct. 14, the Luxembourg-based European Court of Justice upheld a ban on the Bonn "Laserdrome", where participants simulated killing each other with lasers."

Just thought I would share.

cube

No comments: