Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tech

So stewardess and I are planning on going to a wedding in Oregon at the beginning of June. Since stewardess is in Tulsa and I am in Memphis, needless to say this is a logistical nightmare waiting to happen. Flights, the girl actually wants to know where we are staying before we arrive in the town we are staying at (I am glad I asked what needed to be planned, because i thought were done after the flights), I have not actually talked to my friend since he told me he was getting himself hitched.

So i get an email from my friend throwing out some details and asking questions. I started off by asking what town the wedding was in (All i know is that i am flying to portland, and driving to the city) and what time on the wedding day. He emailed me back saying he was had been working on some basic HTML and he sent me a link to his site. I took a look at it and it had everything i needed to know, plus links to hotels he had gotten a group rate at and regional airport with numbers of rental car places.

There was even a link to a service that handled their invitations. It had the story of how he proposed (I was impressed), who was in the wedding party (real names, so that is why there are not links), and a place to RSVP at. This was also how i found out I was in the wedding party.

So i went ahead and RSVP'ed EVEN THOUGH, i had not received an invitation yet. (Don't worry I am invited, because my name is in the wedding party). I emailed my friend and told him that if he keeps his page updated, i will not talk to him until the wedding.

Oh yea, you can find your house using satellite images of the US: Link. The toggle to switch over to satellite images is, in the top right hand area. I found my apartment, though the links were off. I hear you can get a good look the white house "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC".

cube

6 comments:

Dave Justus said...

Amazing what we have access to these days.

Anonymous said...

I need to know where she is staying. I need names! I need addresses! I need phone numbers! I need to know where Stewardess is staying, or she can't go!
~Stewardess's "mom" Ms. Roberts

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. I didn't get sent the site. Email it to me.

Man of Issachar said...

hah, angel was left out....

so you got a blogger account, does that mean you have a blog....

site sent.

Anonymous said...

No, unfortunately I don't. My stories of Psycho kids would probably just bore people to death.
I just mark it as "other" and it lets me put my name.

Man of Issachar said...

ahh yes not link with you name, i should have figured that out.

as you what people will read on the internet, you would be suprised what how people will choose to spend their time.