Sunday, March 13, 2005

Charon

Charon (pronounced Kar-ron) is a son of Erebus who, in Greek mythology, ferries the souls of the dead over the Styx and is also the name of my new gun.

I had put a Springfield XD .40 caliber on layaway about a month ago and I finished up purchasing the gun today. The gun is the four inch service model all in black. 3 12 round mags and a paddle holster came along with the deal. I field stripped it, cleaned it this afternoon, and I plan on taking it for a test drive one Sunday afternoon. I also took apart one of the magazines and while putting it back together, and I almost put my eye out.

I choose the XD for several reasons. One was availability. A few of the other guns I wanted to shoot were not available to shoot. Secondly, I was able to shoot an example and I did love the way it shoot and the way it felt. Also, springfield's customer service is good from the information that i have read.

cube

update: I took it to the range and it worked great. No problems feeding or ejecting. It could have had automatic targeting servos and a biomechanical interface so that the targeting recticle on my HUD was linked to the sights on my gun, but i will take what i can get.

No comments: