Thursday, July 29, 2004

Monkey on my shoulder

Well I had a weird dream last night again.

This time, I had bought a monkey and I was trying to train my monkey to sit on my shoulder.  You know like a pirate's parrot.  I was walking around with the monkey on my shoulder, and he was really digging into my shoulder a good bit, like he was afraid or something.  So I tried several different things, such as sitting down and then putting the monkey on my shoulder.  As soon as I got up to walk around, he would get afraid again.  So I figured out that he was afraid of me falling, and that was why he was digging in and holding on to my shoulder so painfully when I was walking.  So I told him to sit on my shoulder, and he answered back.  Then I was like, "You speak English!!!"  After I realized that monkey spoke English, it was easy to train my monkey.  I just told him what to do.

I think the source for this dream was from a comment my friend had made a bout the reality show with Andy dick, and how he was wanted a contestant to train his cat to sit on his shoulder.

And I was listening to a radio advertisement for a financial talk show, and there was a short segment where a guy called in and told the host he had bought a monkey.

monkeys by the way, are expensive, maintenance intensive, can live up to 20 years or longer, and will sometimes attack you when they get older.  They want to express their dominance in their social group, so they attack you.  I found this while searching for the perfect pet that was not a dog, cat, or hamster.

cube

1 comment:

Man of Issachar said...

i will keep that in mind.

it did not mention talking monkeys, but i can see how the monkey could symbolize a problem (person, work situation or whatever) and me talking to the monkey meant that i need to work the problem.

but them again a monkey might just be a monkey