Monday, July 12, 2004

Well this is interesting

I like some people I don't announce my birthday to the world. For my good friend who I work with to find out birthday, he had to ask my mom, who got me a wonderful subscription to backpacker magazine. Which this magazine is wonderful environmental propaganda, and I will have plenty to post about it.

But I wanted to mention this site I saw in an advertisement.

And it all starts at the redesigned Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Mich., home to the 2004 F-150 as well as the world's largest living roof, a porous pavement parking lot, natural wetlands, and a process for turning paint fumes into power, to name some of the environmental initiatives in action.

I know ford was falling behind on the hybrid side (leasing technology from Toyota), but I did not know they were making huge green strides on the manufacturing side.

Very interesting.

cube

update:

buy stock in ford, they are attempting to move the automotive industry in America toward a more fuel efficient mindset. Don't know if that will cause a loss in market share or a increase. Though if you are a regular green person, you might buy a ford if you saw this ad in backpacker.

No comments: