Thursday, August 19, 2004

Maybe Moore was right?

I caught the end of the Saudi commercial on the way to work.

I have no idea why the Saudi government would buy these commercials to improve their image. While their image does need improving, I don't see how America having a bad image of them hurts them. The items they sell don't come in with their name on it, unlike other countries. They also are not a major tourism attraction for the US and even less so now that our guys are getting shot just walking around over there.

The interesting part is the station they choose in Memphis to air the commercial, 94.1 the buzz. This station is basically a pop music station, though they play a lot of the more popular rock. In other words I suspect that they have a fairly large market share, but I don't have any specifics on that. Why didn't they air this on Air America or liberal talk show stations (if their are any)? They are airing the commercial in 19 markets and they are all fairly large ones.

Anyways here is a link to the audio, listen for yourself (I was not able to get it to work, but I think that is just me.)

cube

No comments: