Saturday, August 14, 2004

Oh the spin...Oh the spin

I really don't read the actual details or at least I don't remember them anymore. I, for the most part, just look over the piece I am reading, absorb the info, and see what happens. This is the first time that I have had this happen. I was reading, and I said to myself, "This is the exact opposite thing that I read earlier today." The tough part was finding what I had ready earlier today.

Second article that sent off sparks in my head and the line that did it.

http://www.techcentralstation.com/081204F.html

I agree with Jason Rotenberg of Bridgewater Associates, one of the nation's best research firms: "There is little reason to expect the US economy to slow down in any significant way. July will probably shape up to be a strong month, and employment growth in the second half of 2003 [I assume that he is talking about 2004,but I don't know] is likely to remain strong."


first article that I barely remembered at the edge of my conscious.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/13/news/economy/trade_gap/index.htm?cnn=yes

"People are only beginning to grapple with the idea -- and they're not quite there yet -- that this is not a temporary 'soft patch,'" Banerji said. "It's a growth rate downturn, a cyclical downturn that's very broad."

Some one is right, and someone is wrong. Though their was some spin in the first article, all the facts were true from what I can tell.

additionally, for everything that I have read and learned I still don't know why the trade deficit is important, or what it is made up of.

cube

No comments: